Occupation: What is it?
1. Occupation Defined:
- How you make your living
- How you gain provision to live
2. Occupation Varies:
- You may make your living several ways at the same time
- You may work several jobs at the same time
3. God is the provider
- GOD supplies your PROVISION
- Deut. 8:18
4. Market-place Occupation is good because . . .
- God expects you to work at something to earn provision
2 Thessalonians 3:10
- God is the provider of all wealth
Deut 8:18 “It is God who is the creator of all wealth
-Your provision from a ‘market place occupation’ is a good thing because it comes from God [note the context of ‘Israel, and how God provided for them in the wilderness]
5. God expects everyone to have at least one occupation
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10
6. In a fallen world, most often your occupation will NOT be your God-given CALLING–but you will always be & do your CALLING in the midst of your occupation if you are an integrated Christian and a balanced human being.
- Paul’s example: 1 Cor. 9 & 2 Thess. 3
7. The biblical norm for carrying out ministry is being bi-vocational . . .
- Earn your money in the market place and do your calling all around it: again note Paul. 1 Cor. 9 & 2 Thess. 3